Wire Harness Repair and Connector Pigtails
TechZone Auto in Concord offers broad range of wire harness repairs. Wiring harness repair can help save a total loss vehicle and reduce claim severity. TechZone performs on-vehicle harness repair at your shop or ours rather than removing and shipping the harness cross-country to be remanufactured or replacing it with a new one - shaving days off your cycle time. Almost 80% of the harnesses we repair are done on the vehicle reducing severity and cycle time.
Nearly all OEMs have released repair bulletins that allow wire harness repairs following their procedures, but BMW states that they see less overall problems to the vehicle when the harness is properly repaired rather than replaced, because wiring harness replacement is so invasive.
If you are unsure if a harness can be repaired, contact TechZone for an evaluation. Contact TechZone for an evaluation.
Insurance companies and your shop can save on total loss and severity, as most vehicle harnesses can be repaired to OEM standards on the vehicle. Give us a call before you buy a harness, save a dealer trip for harness replacement.
Our technicians are not only well trained, but also highly experienced in dealing with wiring harness issues, as we offer sublet services for a large number of Bay Area collision shops and insurance companies. We can handle anything from a simple connector to a completely damaged harness.
THE TECHZONE DIFFERENCE
- On-vehicle harness repair
- Fuse block replacement
- Complete harness replacement - labor up to 50% less than dealers
- We stock thousands of connector pigtails
- We have OEM sources for hard to find connectors
- We have up-to-date knowledge of manufacturer repair procedures
- We have 25 + years working with the insurance industry to justify it as a safe and responsible repair
- We provide service at your shop or ours – flexibility, no removal, no need to ship the harness
- We guarantee the work, so you and your customer get the peace of mind that the repair is safe
We have decades of experience working with the insurance industry to justify wiring harness repair, and since all OEMs have released bulletins allowing wire harness repairs following their procedures, this increases the probability that the repairs will be allowed. Having said that, even though wire harness repair is becoming common in the industry, allowable repairs will still depend upon the damage, the insurance adjuster, and the insurance company.
If in doubt if a wiring harness can be repaired, call us.